You’ll absolutely love this great list of unique crafts for moms, kids, and everyone in between. Use the rocks from outdoor fun, scavenger hunts, or grab some for your projects specifically. You can even make things using souvenir rocks you picked up in special places.
16 Things to make with rocks:
Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links.
All of the images for the rock crafts below were used with the permissions of the respective bloggers for the purpose of this post. Click on the title link for the full tutorial.
I have created a square and vertical image for your convenience for sharing these things to make with rocks. Please use the first or last image in this post when sharing and not one of the individual photos below, out of respect for the creators’ copyrights.
1. Every time I wear these DIY Gold nugget earrings and tell people that they are painted rocks, they reply with “whaaaaat?!” A little bit of gold acrylic paint goes a long way on these. I use these backs to keep them from being too heavy.
2. These Beaded Rock Paperweights by Craft Ideas are fun and open-ended art!
3. Make these Stone Cairns by Nurture Store and have fun taking photos of them too!
4. A Pot of gold nuggets is a fun and quirky thing to make – the rougher the stones the better! Keep the nuggets as is, add a rainbow for fun, or stick a branch in the center for a cool centerpiece.
5. One of my favorite ways to use rocks is with wire wrapping. Wire Wrapped Rock Rain Chain by Dollar Store Crafts takes that beyond jewelry.
6. This Garden Rock Caterpillar by Nellie Bellie makes for a fun summer garden craft – perfect for a collaborative activity!
7. Here’s another fun wire and rock idea! Make Wire Flowers on the Rocks with a tutorial by Skip to My Lou.
8. This woodsy entry-way organizer is easier to make than you might realize! I used a ready wood plank with rough edges, rocks painted with gold acrylic, and the ever-strong Sugru to hold it together. (that stuff is crazy!)
9. Add fun texture to your garden with a Stone Birdhouse by the Empress of Dirt.
10. Another way to spruce up your garden: make Mosaic Garden Rocks by Kenarry.
11. IF you’re after the process and want to work with texture, try Yarn Wrapped Rocks – by Pink Stripey Socks. It’s a fun and easy way to subtly “yarn bomb” the outdoors…
12. Use beach stones to make a Beach-in-a-jar keepsake. Try it with your favorite shell and remember that special trip.
13. Use nature to mark your plants with Rock Garden Markers by Crafts by Amanda. They are so bright and fun!
14. You can use a pretty rock to make Macramé Stone Necklace by DIY Ready.
15. Here’s another way to mix shells and rocks: make a Stone and Shell Owl Craft by Rhythms of Play.
16. Stone Weaving Crafts by Molly Moo Crafts are beautiful, and another cool way to mix rocks and yarn.
Original article and pictures take http://www.momsandcrafters.com/things-to-make-with-rocks/ site