It’s All in the Preparation
1. Begin your routine by using a creamy exfoliating cleanser like L’Oréal Paris Go 360 Clean Deep Exfoliating Scrub, with gentle beads to sweep away any dead cells sitting on the skin’s surface.
2. Use a fast-absorbing serum or oil like Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate in place of your moisturizer, so that the product can quickly work its way into your skin, delivering immediate relief and hydration.
3. An essential step in prepping your skin for a flawless makeup application is primer. The creamy texture will keep skin moisturized and act as a “blur,” smoothing out pores and any imperfections. We love Lancôme La Base Pro!
The RIGHT Formula
Dry skin is practically begging for nourishment (with flakes acting as tears!), which is why liquid or light and creamy textured makeup is the only way to go. Anything heavy or cakey will almost instantly cause irritation and botch your beautiful makeup job.
Opt for lightweight foundation and apply it with a synthetic foundation brush since it’s gentle enough to keep your skin from flaking. Then, use a damp Beauty Blender to press makeup into your skin for a natural, dewy look. The same goes for blush! Use a creamy compact or liquid stain instead of powder for added hydration that won’t crack.
Dry Skin DON’TS
1. Do not use your fingers to apply makeup, as they’ll absorb the much-needed moisture in your skin.
2. Stay away from powders, unless you must use a little around your T-zone. Go for oil-blotting sheets instead like NYX Blotting Paper.
3. Skip the waterproof formulas as they suck out skin’s moisture, which will lead to flaking.
What are some of your makeup application tips for dry skin? Share in the comments below!
Original article and pictures take http://www.makeup.com/how-to-wear-makeup-with-dry-skin/?crlt.pid=camp.VDodBNA9JvaS site