Its difficult finding information on this so here are my conclusions based on my research and my wife's experience with white iodine.
- Retail price for white iodine is usually about $3.50 per bottle, but I found it for under $2. Caution, i found some local pharmacies like walgreens and CVS selling it for as much as $6 per 1 oz. bottle!
- It can be nearly impossible to find in some states and countries. Thats where online shopping comes in handy. I found mine at www.AlivioVital.com
- It is medically safe to use & body will not absorb dangerous amounts
- White iodine is a clear iodide and is also known as decolorized iodine, colorless iodine, clear iodine & yodo blanco.
- It became very famous as a treatment for nails (yes it works, my wife talks miracles), alopecia areata (a hair loss treatment) and some rare skin disorders.
- If using for nails, do not wash dishes within an hour or two after. Chemicals in soap make your nails yellowish after iodine was applied.
- Only apply once a day or every 2 days on nails. Or they might get a bit yellowish and even more brittle! Applying more amounts will not do more work! Patience is a virtue.
- If applying daily, its recommended you mix with castor oil. We found both iodine and castor oil in the same online store at very low price. It took about 2 weeks to see obvious results but my wife noticed improvements days after starting the treatment.
- Keep iodine away from reach of children. It is a poison if swallowed!
Hope these tips help. Didn't want to spam with a bunch of links on where to find it so I only provided the most popular and inexpensive one i could find. Feel free to look elsewhere.
(happy cause I saved on weekly manicures for my wife; hope she doesnt read this)
Original article and pictures take http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf83595144.tip.html site