This is early May. I planted the bedding plant in a small galvanized pail hanging from a wire. A hole was drilled through the top of the frame for the wire which connects to the pail and to a hook hanging in one of our birch trees.
No leaves on the trees yet. (Just fall leaves on the ground from last year that needed to be raked up!)
Finally, the grass is green and leaves are on the trees!
The lobelia is filling out.
Hanging on a wire from a large S hook in the tree.
My framed pot from last year...
I used a small, red, barn wood frame for some succulents.
I used a small terra cotta pot with its bottom hole situated over a nail. It stayed in place.
This year I used a little pail and an Angelina sedum in the frame.
Original article and pictures take http://organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com/2013/06/update-on-framed-pots.html site